- 1 How do I get a job on a cruise ship?
- 2 Is it hard to get a job on a cruise ship?
- 3 What is the age limit to work on a cruise ship?
- 4 Is there a jail on a cruise ship?
- 5 Do cruise ship workers get days off?
- 6 Do cruise ship workers get free food?
- 7 Can you work on a cruise ship without experience?
- 8 Which cruise line pays the best?
- 9 What is the salary of a cruise ship captain?
- 10 Do cruise ships hire older workers?
- 11 What are the best cruise ship jobs?
- 12 Can I work on a cruise ship at 20?
How do I get a job on a cruise ship?
Basic Requirements for Working on Cruise Ships
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Hold a valid passport.
- Have the relevant visa or work permit – depending on where you are from and which countries you will be travelling to:
- Meet the language requirements relevant to your position.
Is it hard to get a job on a cruise ship?
Is it hard to get a job on a cruise ship? It’s always been hard to get a job on a cruise ship, but the global pause in cruising has made it so much harder as there are thousands of experienced cruise ship workers that are now out of work.
What is the age limit to work on a cruise ship?
A: NO! There is no strict age limit; however there are certain guide lines related to recommended age of applicants for shipboard employment. All applicants with no exception must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application.
Is there a jail on a cruise ship?
Do Cruise Ships Have Jails? Cruise ships have small jails onboard, they are called brigs. The jails are located in the crew only areas and guests rarely see them. The onboard jails are small and used as a place to hold guests suspected of breaking the law or those who are acting in a dangerous or reckless way.
Do cruise ship workers get days off?
Once they’re done training, cruise ship employees have to sign a lengthy contract, which can last for up to nine months. Of course, no days off includes holidays too! However, if an employee is given a long contract, then they can usually take a two-month break or more to live their life on land.
Do cruise ship workers get free food?
All cruise ship employees get free food onboard cruise ships. Maritime law states that there needs to be adequate and nutritious food provided for the crew at no extra cost.
Can you work on a cruise ship without experience?
Entry-level position no with experience required. Responsible for different tasks on deck areas, such as giving directions to parts of the ship, running errands for the passengers, keeping chairs and deckchairs in good condition and cleanness, and general cleaning on deck areas.
Which cruise line pays the best?
Best Cruise Lines for the Money
- #1. Royal Caribbean International. #1 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #2. Celebrity Cruises. #2 in Best Cruise Lines for the Money.
- #3. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #4. Princess Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Holland America Line.
- #7. MSC Cruises.
- #8. Costa Cruises.
What is the salary of a cruise ship captain?
How much does a Cruise Ship Captain make? The average Cruise Ship Captain in the US makes $93,328. Cruise Ship Captains make the most in San Francisco, CA at $140,888, averaging total compensation 51% greater than the US average.
Do cruise ships hire older workers?
Also with more demand for workers who will commit and have a sense of stability, cruise lines are open to hiring older people in entertainment positions or hospitality jobs aboard.
What are the best cruise ship jobs?
9 Best Jobs on a Cruise Ship
- Cruise Ship Captain. The cruise ship captain serves as the overall leader of the cruise.
- Gentleman Host. A gentleman host is one of the best jobs on a cruise ship for guys who love to dance.
- Shore Excursions Manager.
- Youth Counselor.
- Social Hosts and Hostess.
- Cruise Director.
Can I work on a cruise ship at 20?
Minimum Age to Work on Cruise Ships Although the most cruise lines and agencies will tell their applicants that the minimum age to work on board ships is 21, there are crew members that have been able to get hired at the age of 18, 19, and 20.