- 1 Does a 17 year old need a work permit in NC?
- 2 Do you need a work permit at 16 in NC?
- 3 Where can a 14 year old work in NC?
- 4 Where can a 15 year old work in NC?
- 5 How many hours a week can a 17 year old work in North Carolina?
- 6 What is the minimum age to work in North Carolina?
- 7 Where do I get a work permit in NC?
- 8 Are you allowed to work at 14?
- 9 How old do you have to be at Target?
- 10 Can you work at Walmart at 14?
- 11 What jobs can I apply for at 14?
- 12 How can I earn money at 14?
- 13 Can a 15 year old work at Starbucks?
- 14 What age can you work at Dollar Tree?
- 15 Can a 15 year old work at Chick-Fil-A?
Does a 17 year old need a work permit in NC?
While minors as young as age 14 are able to work in the state of North Carolina, all minors under the age of 18 are required to obtain a work permit, or Youth Employment Certificate, prior to doing so. An employer should not allow a minor to begin employment without their providing this document.
Do you need a work permit at 16 in NC?
Youths under 18 years of age must obtain a youth employment certificate (work permit) when employed even if employed by their parents. The certificate and the issuing instructions can be obtained from the North Carolina Department of Labor Website.
Where can a 14 year old work in NC?
Positions for 14 and 15 year olds include:
- Grocery Bagger.
- Shelf Stocker.
- Non-Cooking Food Preparation.
- Office Work.
Where can a 15 year old work in NC?
Youths 14-15 years of age: Work may be performed in retail businesses, food service establishments, service stations and offices of other businesses.
How many hours a week can a 17 year old work in North Carolina?
Students of 14 and 15 enrolled in approved Work Experience and Career Exploration programs may work during school hours up to 3 hours on a school day and 23 hours in a schoolweek. For Minors Ages 16 and 17: North Carolina has no restrictions on maximum working hours for minors aged 16 and 17.
What is the minimum age to work in North Carolina?
How Old You Have to Be to Work in North Carolina. You can begin working in North Carolina when you’re 14 years old, but you must have a child employment certificate to do so. You can obtain an employment certificate from the Department of Labor or your county’s Social Services office.
Where do I get a work permit in NC?
Permits & Licenses
- Go to the N.C. Department of Labor’s Youth Permit Page.
- Follow the directions to submit the required information for a youth employment certificate.
- After the information is submitted, the approved permit will be displayed on the screen.
Are you allowed to work at 14?
Generally, speaking children 13 years old or younger may not work in California, except in some limited situations. Youth who are 14 and 15 years old may work in a broader range of jobs, but are significantly limited in the number of hours per day and per week they may work, especially when school is in session.
How old do you have to be at Target?
To apply for hourly positions at Target stores and our Distribution Centers: You must be at least 16 years old to apply for a Target store job.
Can you work at Walmart at 14?
As a minimum age requirement, you must be at least 16 years old to work at Walmart and 18 at Sam’s Club. Certain positions, however, require a minimum age of 18. As you prepare to complete your application have your prior work history available.
What jobs can I apply for at 14?
12 common jobs for 14-year-olds
- Dishwasher. National average salary: $20.82 per hour.
- Receptionist. National average salary: $21.36 per hour.
- Aged care worker. National average salary: $23.47 per hour.
- Dog walker. National average salary: $24.45 per hour.
- Retail sales assistant.
- Cinema attendant.
How can I earn money at 14?
6 Ways 14-Year-Olds Can Make Money
- Babysitter. Adie Bush/Getty Images.
- Working for a Business or Restaurant. gchutka/Getty Images.
- Paper Route. Rocko and Betty/Getty Images.
- Yard Work and Snow Shoveling. Hero Images/Getty Images.
- Pet Care. redheadpictures/Getty Images.
- Junior Camp Counselor. Susan Chiang/Getty Images.
Can a 15 year old work at Starbucks?
To work for Starbucks you must be at least 16 years old (except for Montana where the minimum age is 14 years old). Retail positions you can apply at Starbucks are Baristas and Shift Supervisors. Starbucks also offers few internships, and they offer them to existing employees before the general public.
What age can you work at Dollar Tree?
Minimum age to apply at Dollar Tree is generally 16 years old. Here are some jobs at Dollar Tree which teenagers usually can apply. This job position will require you to meet and greet customers in order to help make sales, and also to answer questions about products, services and merchandise.
Can a 15 year old work at Chick-Fil-A?
15 years old is the most common minimum age for a Chick-fil-A team member job. Other job roles may require employees to be 16 years old or older. As Chick-fil-A restaurants are independently owned, each restaurant’s minimum hiring age may vary.