- 1 Do you need a work permit at 16 in NC?
- 2 Is a work permit needed in NC?
- 3 Where can a 14 year old work in NC?
- 4 Where can a 15 year old work in NC?
- 5 Do I have to get a work permit if im 17?
- 6 What is the minimum age to work in North Carolina?
- 7 What is minimum wage in North Carolina?
- 8 When can kids start working?
- 9 Can you work at Walmart at 14?
- 10 What jobs can I apply for at 14?
- 11 How can I earn money at 14?
- 12 How do you get a work permit at 15 in NC?
- 13 Can you be 15 and work at Target?
- 14 How much does Chick-fil-A pay per hour in North Carolina?
Do you need a work permit at 16 in NC?
Youths under 18 years of age must obtain a youth employment certificate (work permit) when employed even if employed by their parents. The certificate and the issuing instructions can be obtained from the North Carolina Department of Labor Website.
Is a work permit needed in NC?
While minors as young as age 14 are able to work in the state of North Carolina, all minors under the age of 18 are required to obtain a work permit, or Youth Employment Certificate, prior to doing so. An employer should not allow a minor to begin employment without their providing this document.
Where can a 14 year old work in NC?
Positions for 14 and 15 year olds include:
- Grocery Bagger.
- Shelf Stocker.
- Non-Cooking Food Preparation.
- Office Work.
Where can a 15 year old work in NC?
Youths 14-15 years of age: Work may be performed in retail businesses, food service establishments, service stations and offices of other businesses.
Do I have to get a work permit if im 17?
Work Permits Except in limited circumstances defined in law and summarized in the Child Labor Law Booklet, all minors under 18 years of age employed in the state of California must have a permit to work. Prior to permitting a minor to work, employers must possess a valid Permit to Employ and Work.
What is the minimum age to work in North Carolina?
How Old You Have to Be to Work in North Carolina. You can begin working in North Carolina when you’re 14 years old, but you must have a child employment certificate to do so. You can obtain an employment certificate from the Department of Labor or your county’s Social Services office.
What is minimum wage in North Carolina?
North Carolina’s minimum wage has been stuck at the federal level of $7.25 an hour for nearly 12 years. Our state’s tipped minimum wage stands at the federal level of $2.13 per hour.
When can kids start working?
As a general rule, the FLSA sets 14 years old as the minimum age for employment, and limits the number of hours worked by minors under the age of 16.
Can you work at Walmart at 14?
As a minimum age requirement, you must be at least 16 years old to work at Walmart and 18 at Sam’s Club. Certain positions, however, require a minimum age of 18. As you prepare to complete your application have your prior work history available.
What jobs can I apply for at 14?
12 common jobs for 14-year-olds
- Dishwasher. National average salary: $20.82 per hour.
- Receptionist. National average salary: $21.36 per hour.
- Aged care worker. National average salary: $23.47 per hour.
- Dog walker. National average salary: $24.45 per hour.
- Retail sales assistant.
- Cinema attendant.
How can I earn money at 14?
6 Ways 14-Year-Olds Can Make Money
- Babysitter. Adie Bush/Getty Images.
- Working for a Business or Restaurant. gchutka/Getty Images.
- Paper Route. Rocko and Betty/Getty Images.
- Yard Work and Snow Shoveling. Hero Images/Getty Images.
- Pet Care. redheadpictures/Getty Images.
- Junior Camp Counselor. Susan Chiang/Getty Images.
How do you get a work permit at 15 in NC?
Youth Employment Permits To get a youth employment certificate: Go to the N.C. Department of Labor’s Youth Permit Page. Follow the directions to submit the required information for a youth employment certificate. After the information is submitted, the approved permit will be displayed on the screen.
Can you be 15 and work at Target?
You must be at least 16 years old to apply for a Target store job.
How much does Chick-fil-A pay per hour in North Carolina?
How much does a Cashier make at Chick-fil-A in North Carolina? Average Chick-fil-A Cashier hourly pay in North Carolina is approximately $10.86, which meets the national average.