- 1 What is Tennessee’s unemployment rate today?
- 2 What county in Tennessee has the highest unemployment rate?
- 3 What state is the easiest to get a job?
- 4 What is the best state to live in 2020?
- 5 What states are booming with jobs?
- 6 How many job openings are there in Tennessee?
- 7 Does Tennessee have unemployment benefits?
- 8 How many people work in Tennessee?
- 9 What state has the worst unemployment rate?
What is Tennessee’s unemployment rate today?
Tennessee’s unemployment rate has been at 5.1%, or lower, for the last six months. In March 2020, the last month before COVID-19 business closures impacted the economy, Tennessee’s unemployment rate was 4%.
What county in Tennessee has the highest unemployment rate?
Cocke County had Tennessee’s highest unemployment in January. It increased by 2 percentage points in January to 8.5%. Lake County’s rate was the second- highest at 8.4 percent, which represents a 0.8 of a percentage point drop from December’s rate of 9.2%.
What state is the easiest to get a job?
These are the 10 best states for finding a job:
- Nevada. Unemployment rate: 3.9%
- Minnesota. Unemployment rate: 3.2%
- Nebraska. Unemployment rate: 3.0%
- Iowa. Unemployment rate: 2.7%
- New Hampshire. Unemployment rate: 2.5%
- Virginia. Unemployment rate: 2.8%
- Idaho. Unemployment rate: 2.9%
- Massachusetts. Unemployment rate: 2.9%
What is the best state to live in 2020?
Washington state ranks first as the best state to live in. Washington ranked fourth for Health and Education, third for the Economy, and second for Infrastructure.
What states are booming with jobs?
These are the top 10 states for future job growth.
- New York.
- Nebraska. Unemployment rate: 3.8 percent.
- Arizona. Unemployment rate: 8.1 percent.
- South Dakota. Unemployment rate: 4.5 percent.
- Utah. Unemployment rate: 5.2 percent.
- Washington. Unemployment rate: 8.2 percent.
- Pennsylvania. Unemployment rate: 8.1 percent.
How many job openings are there in Tennessee?
Middle Tennessee recorded 96,503 openings, almost half the total job openings for the state. West Tennessee had just over 60,000 openings and East Tennessee reported 42,000 job openings.
Does Tennessee have unemployment benefits?
Tennessee will switch to providing unemployment benefits only through Tennessee’s Unemployment Compensation program on Sunday. The state’s program pays up to $275 per week — one of the lowest weekly benefits in the country and well below the national average of $387 per week. Gov.
How many people work in Tennessee?
Employment by Industry Sector Data is only available at the state level. Showing data for Tennessee. As of November 2020, there are 145M people employed in Tennessee. This represents a -5.78% decrease in employment when compared to November 2019.
What state has the worst unemployment rate?
Unemployment Connecticut and New Mexico had the highest unemployment rates in June, 7.9 percent each, closely followed by Nevada, 7.8 percent. Nebraska and Utah had the lowest jobless rates, 2.5 percent and 2.7 percent, respectively.