Community Connections Partnership offers different options to find employment. Whether you use “Discovering Personal Genius™” or the “Career Development Plan,” both methods prepare you for employment, looking for a job, and keeping a job once you get one. The only difference is the process that gets you there.
Discovering Personal Genius™ (DPG) is a structured process that creates lasting, satisfying, person-directed employment beyond the confines of traditional job development.
DISCOVERING PERSONAl GENIUS FOCUSES ON:
- The Ideal Conditions of Employment
- Strengths, Interests, Supports, Contributions, Skills
- Leverage Relationships
- Skills are Observed in the Performance of Tasks
MATCH INTERESTS WITH SKILLS:
- Informational interviews
- Identify and increase social capital
- Identify Vocational Themes™
- Set up informational meetings and tours with employers
DPG™ STAGES INCLUDE:
- Informational Interviews with people who know the individual best where smooth and active listening is encouraged
- Complete home & neighborhood observations
- Emphasis on the individual’s social capital
- Observation activities to identify skills and interests of an individual
- Focuses on 3 themes that a person has a skill in as well as an interest
- Identify 20 businesses under each theme to start job development
Career Development Plan is designed for when you need a job immediately. This option still focus on an individual’s interests and skills and matching those with where employment makes sense.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOCUSES ON:
- Initial assessment
- Job search and networking
- Initial training and support
- Accessing transportation
- Follow-along support
With the Career Development Plan CCP is committed to supporting people and maintaining their employment in any way we can.
THE CAREER DEVELOPMENT PLAN INCLUDES:
PREPARING FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Assessment: Looking at all areas of a person’s life and experiences to discover skills, professional interests, capturing successes and building a resume portfolio.
LOOKING FOR A JOB
- Identifying a person’s existing networks of support, the people in their life to network with to find work, job search and networking, application/interviewing, and accepting a position offer.
KEEPING A JOB ONCE YOU GET ONE
- Initial training and support, on-the-job problem solving, onsite employee training, transportation –setting up and accessing transportation, onsite job coaching, follow-along services, and addressing accommodations
Whether you use the Discovering Personal Genius™ method or the Career Development Plan both methodologies include preparing you for employment, looking for a job, and keeping a job once you get one. The only difference is the process that gets you there.
Looking for a career, not just a job? CCP Works! can also help assist you in furthering your education/training to help secure and maintain employment in the future.For more details click here.
WE CAN ASSIST YOU WITH:
- Choosing a career that fits your interests
- Finding the right school/university
- Assist with studying
- Gaining the means to pay for your education